Sophie's Playhouse

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Save the Animals Fundraiser - Plan 1

I've had Party Rock Anthem stuck in my head for the last month.  Seriously.  Every day I'm shuff-shufflling. Kids think I'm crazy.  Although it's better than having this song inappropriately stuck in my head...

With all that pop blowing my mind - I'm just glad it finally blew out my most recent epic idea - Save the Animals Fundraiser!

I haven't done a fundraiser since my college days (where I briefly considered making a living of cold calls, event organizing, and long hours of the Nonprofit Development World).  But I liked convincing people to give me my organization money.  How easy will it be to have 26 cutie kids asking their parents for money to support sweet little endangered animals?! It better be easy, because I just devoted the next 3 weeks to just that!


Not only will this teach my cuties about the animals, but cooperation, teamwork, sharing, and helping the environment! I wish we could take the kids on field trips or that I knew more people in the 'hood to come in and chat with us, but this will be a great start to the beginning!




Update:
The kids have voted ....(seriously, how cute are they! Every time I caught them doing a good deed they got a smiley face vote ticket - best manners I've seen all week!)
And Baby Emperor Penguin is the winner (by a landslide!).

No comments:

Post a Comment