Sophie's Playhouse

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Felt Car Plushie

Felt (3 or 4 squares plus scraps for details)
Needle/Thread
Fabric/Tacky Glue

Jon Scieszka really ought to be required reading for every 4 year old child.  I love him.

Since we already have a multitude of stuffed animals (more on them later!) in my classroom, this one was for my nephew, Mr. Manatee! 

A Humongous Thank You For An Amazing Tutorial Goes To Make-It and Love-It




Of course, I'm too cheap to own a sewing machine (slash haven't used one since 8th grade Home Ec), so mine is all home sewn. I sewed the wheels on with a basic button stitch (and then some inventive looping and more button stitching to ensure it'd stick).  The details to the face/window/hubcaps are all glued on with tacky glue (which was all I happend to have on hand).  It stuck amazingly...for about 30 seconds after being unwrapped by Mr. Moo.  Luckily it was the 3 year old who pulled it off and not the 1 year old - so I'll have to sew it on next time!  I've already got some purple fabric to make a little race car for Little Princess!

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done with the background! See how easy that was!?

    ReplyDelete